On this Sabbath day I had thought I would be going to Windy Gap to camp with the Class of 2015 and the other leaders and students - including Damon and Trey. I had thought I would be sharing the story of GOD'S GRACE that Pua Coffman had invited me to share months ago at the camp event. I am very aware that today, this Sabbath day, my heart is tempted to be very agitated and troubled that I am actually NOT doing those things I had thought I would be doing. Today I am Sabbath-ing differently than I have over the last quarter of a century and I am hearing afresh Jesus inviting me to believe in and adhere to and trust in and rely on HIM.
On Monday, July 14, 2014, the Senior Leadership of our church told Damon that they were going in a direction in the high school ministry that did not include his leadership. He was released from his position as High School Pastor. When I filmed THIS video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObhW0qAGsQs&feature=youtu.be
I thought that the "end" I would be telling "live" at Windy Gap would mostly focusing on the death of my Father in 1985 (my senior year of high school) from Lymphoma Cancer. But God had different plans for this story to be told. On Wednesday, July 30, 2014, I was given the opportunity to share this story publicly on our last night at TNT and to declare that the WORD OF GOD is Living and ACTIVE and continues to speak to my heart and lead me even to current time. I was given the gift of proclaiming the TREASURE of watching Damon shepherd the next generation over the last 25 years.
I was given the opportunity to thank the men, women and children gathered for growing alongside Damon and I and petition them to intercede for us as we ask our God to take us wherever HE is calling and to stretch our faith and trust beyond any borders. God allowed our three sons to grieve and remember with us and all three of them have been impacted in this place over the last decades.
I do not have a human Father that is living that I can go to and cry on his shoulder or ask his counsel or hear him pray over my family and I today. I do have a heavenly Father who is continuing to call us to believe that Psalm 78 is still ALIVE today. WE ARE SO DUSTY and like flowers of the field we will FADE - but His WORD, His CALL, His EQUIPPING in us will bear FRUIT THAT WILL LAST.
"The Word of God is never INEFFECTIVE; it will ALWAYS PRODUCE. When we speak God's WORDS into situations, as the Holy Spirit directs, we are sprinkling the seeds of God, which then gives HIM the ability to cause LIFE TO COME FORTH!" - Dutch Sheets in Intercessory Prayer
Thankful for your words! Love you so much!
ReplyDelete