From the beginning you were not stingy with the waiting it took,
the reconciling with your own story and your own Mother.
You chose to be generous and persistent with your longing for those 9 years while you and Dad wondered if a baby would be in your arms.
Thank you for being generous with your heart as you welcomed me into the world in November of 1967 and received God's addition to the family of Jimmy and Anne.
Thank you for the generousity in sacrifice in ways I can now only imagine since I, too, have been a Mother for 2 decades.
Thank you for showing me what being delighted in looks like.
Thank you for your generousity in CELEBRATING me for over 4 decades. For party hats and candles and cakes and games and laughter and remembering and singing and being aware that every life is a gift from God and meant to be CELEBRATED - as a way to tell HIM Thank you!
Thank you for being so faithful to speak the truth that true beauty is rooted in the unseen - far below the "book's cover" - Your story is beautiful because it speaks of your God who has NEVER let go of you - and NEVER WILL! Thank you for generously sharing your beauty with me!
Thank you for your generousity as God's vessel to carry and deliver
my incredible sister, Nikki Aurelia.
I have seen the fingerprints of GOD on her since the moment I first met her.
I long to love her more and more in ways that only eternity can contain.
I long to practice GENEROUS AGAPE
on both of you.
I long to honor the life of James Edward Johnson by practicing GENEROUS AGAPE LOVE between not just the
Mother, Anne and Daughters, Lea and Nikki -
but in the next generation of Taylor, Trent and Trey - and
those that we love and touch day in and day out.
I pray this Mother's Day your world will be multiplied as you RECEIVE ANEW the GENEROUS AGAPE LOVE and PRESENCE of the KING OF KINGS.
I am thankful YOU ARE MY MOTHER!
Happy Mother's Day 2012
Love, Lea







No comments:
Post a Comment