



"You are to take it with you. I've fastened the end of it to the ring on your finger.' Irene took the ring.
'I can't see it there, grandmother.' she said.
'Feel - a little way from the ring - towards the cabinet,' said the old lady.
'Oh! I do feel it!' exclaimed the princess. 'But I can't SEE it,' she added, looking close to her out stretched hand.
'No. The thread is too fine for you to see it. You can only feel it.'"
- from The Princess and the Goblin by George MacDonald
One morning in late summer I was sitting at my desk and the Holy Spirit told me to look into the light outside the door. When I looked in just one particular way in the morning light I saw a beautiful secret strand....
I am so tempted every day to walk by sight.
I am so tempted to rage when I cannot measure with my flesh how God will guide my steps.
I come so close to missing marvels and beauty because I am not letting LIGHT frame my viewpoint.
The threads of the Creator are so fine, yet so unbreakable. His path and plans for me will NOT be thwarted.
No comments:
Post a Comment