
"Savior, He CAN move the mountains."
He calls Himself an immovable ROCK.
He is able.
"He lifted me out of the slimy pit,
out of the mud and mire;
He set my feet on a rock
and gave me a firm place to stand."
Psalm 40:2
Jesus replied, "I tell you the truth, if you have faith and do not doubt, not only can you do what was done to the fig tree, but also you can say to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and it will be done."
Mountain movers who are standing on the ROCK.
These are the types of wild invitations I notice the Old Testament and New Testament give to me.
"Jesus' teaching is full of wild exaggerations, for Jesus is a wild man." - Brennan Manning
What are the slimy pits He is lifting me out of today?
How does standing on the firmness of the ROCK of His finished work change me today?
Where are the mountains in my story, in my heart that must be moved and thrown into the sea?
Am I willing to follow in the steps of a wild man, who said wild and hard and freeing things?
How beautiful on the mountains
are the feet of those who bring good news,
who proclaim peace,
who bring good tidings,
who proclaim salvation,
who say to Zion,
"Your God reigns!"
Isaiah 52:7
I want the Reign of God to affect me.
I want to proclaim peace - bring good tidings - proclaim salvation and have beautiful "mountain climbing good news" kind of feet.
LOVE hearing your voice 1000 miles away! Thanks for the much need reminder! On CHRIST the SOLID ROCK I still stand...all other ground is a miry bog!
ReplyDeleteI love and miss you!!