Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Safe

I am allowing my mind and heart to spend time on this word, Safe.

What makes me safe?
This angel clutching a shield with a crown of thorns calls me to wonder.
If I am already safe what would I have to fear?
If Jesus wore a crown that marked the weight of all my sin, all my shame, all my failure, all of what I deserve...then can I wear forgiveness like a crown?
If I live like I am not safe what am I saying?
Is it worth the battle, daily, to fight for the truth that the most important things about me ARE SAFE because of the finished work of Jesus and His Resurrection Power - now transferred to me by the indwelling Spirit?
What does Satan gain if I believe the lie that I am not safe?
Not safe to be who I am irrevocably called to be.
What if Jonah or David or Daniel or Rahab or Peter or Paul or Deborah or Esther had believed the lie that who they are for eternity was not safe?

In a desert land he found him, in a barren and howling waste. He shielded him and cared for him; he guarded him as the apple of his eye....Deuteronomy 32:10

About Benjamin he said: "Let the beloved of the LORD rest secure in him, for he shields him all day long, and the one the LORD loves rests between his shoulders." ...Deuteronomy 33:12

Blessed are you, O Israel! Who is like you, a people saved by the LORD ? He is your shield and helper and your glorious sword. Your enemies will cower before you, and you will trample down their high places....Deuteronomy 33:29

When I find myself, often, groaning out for safety.....will I turn to my God who IS my SHIELD? He is my helper and my GLORIOUS SWORD!

He finds me in a wasteland.
He shields me.
He cares for me.
He guards me vigilantly.
He invites me to REST securely in Him.
He doesn't get tired all day long of shielding me.
He carries me on his shoulders like a baby lamb.
He blesses me.
He saves me - hosanna!
He is my helper.
He is my glorious sword.
He causes my enemies to cower before me.
He allows me to trample down the high places of my enemies.

Safe. Safety. Trust.
Blessed is the woman who makes the Lord her trust. psalm 40
What would today, my life, look like if I was confident about being SAFE?

1 comment:

  1. Confidence in being safe would lead to more FREEDOM to be who we are created to be! Who He has called us to be...it would remind us that it is okay to be to much because of Him!
    Wow, to rest behind His shield!!!

    Excited about allowing your heart and mind to dwell on the word SAFE with Him.

    ReplyDelete